Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This Better Not Be Swine Flu Again



• This little piggy went to the market.
• This little piggy stayed home.
• This little piggy had roast beef.
• This little piggy had none.
• And this little piggy coughed and sneezed and the whole world's media went mad over the imminent destruction of the human race and every journalist realised that all they had to do was find their old files and change the word "bird" to "swine", and they could still scare the masses. Er, all the way home.

Anyone who follows me on twitter, or is friends with me on any social networking site will have heard me moan about the [swine] flu I had back in July. I refused to accept that it was in fact swine flu, because I'm not that dramatic, but according to two seperate GPs, it was in fact swine flu. With me being a strong young 20-something-year-old, I wasn't given the Tamiflu, I was just told to take it easy. I complained a lot about the horrible pain and agony I was in, because well to be honest I've never had a flu that bad.

Now I'm not normally one to dramatise an illness, and just because I have a cold again doesn't mean it's swine flu again. I get a cold every autumn. However, just to be sure I think I'll give Trashed!'s 5th birthday a miss tonight. When I was sick last time, I gave everybody within a 5 mile radius my flu.

I just remembered I have cod liver oil tablets downstairs. I'm so excited. I'm possibly the only person in the world who likes cod liver oil. I buy vitamins all the time, and then forget to take them. Look where being vitamin-lazy has gotten me?

------------------------

I was under the impression you couldn't get it twice but according to NHS.uk:

Is it possible to catch swine flu twice?

Yes, because the virus can mutate (change). If you become infected with the swine flu virus, your body produces antibodies against it, which will recognise and fight off the virus if the body ever meets it again. However, if the virus mutates, your immune system may not recognise this different strain and you may become ill again, although you may have some protection from having had a similar virus previously.


No comments:

Post a Comment